Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Birthday Fun

I turned 29 on Friday. I think in and of itself, 29 wouldn't be so bad. It's that my husband is only 25 that suddenly makes 29 feel ancient. (Yes, I was a cradle robber, but I'm ok with that). Anyways, thanks to Preston I had a great birthday and I just wanted to post a few pictures. We got to eat breakfast together, he came home for lunch, and later he had beautiful flowers delivered to me at the house. I forgot to take pictures of the flowers but they were really pretty. That night he took me to dinner at PF Changs. I guess he really was listening all those times that I casually mentioned I was craving it. :) As mentioned before we are trying not to spend a lot of money on unnecessary things with the baby coming so soon, so I wasn't really sure what he would get me for my birthday. To my surprise at dinner he handed me a box from a jewelry store. Inside was a beautiful diamond pendant necklace. I don't actually own any nice jewelry so it was a pleasant surprise. When we were dating Preston got me a heart-shaped cubic zirconium necklace from walmart. I actually really hate heart-shaped stuff but I wore it every day for almost 3 years because I love him and it was the thought that counted. ;) It was super sweet of him to get me a new one, especially right now, and I love it.
I probably could have gotten a better shot if I had taken it off first, but freckles add such a nice touch, right?

Physically I'm not good for much these days so we didn't do anything super exciting after dinner. We went to Barnes & Noble to buy some books for our coming little one and then we went home and watched a movie. It was a perfect day and I love just getting to spend time with my husband. I think I cherish it more lately because I know that soon we won't get that opportunity quite as often. Thanks for a great birthday, babe!

This one is just because I realized we hadn't taken a picture together in a long time.

I am at 37 weeks now! It is so crazy to think that this kid could literally come at any time. I'm still nervous and terrified but slowly starting to feel more ready. It's funny how when it's you, it is such a huge deal. People go through this every day and you see them a few days later and all you see is a cute baby and smiling parents like it was nothing. It almost makes me feel dumb for making such a huge deal about it but it's such a huge life-changing event! I went in for my first weekly checkup last week (which by the way, is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever experienced.) As of last Thursday I was dilated 1.5 cm and 50% effaced and he is head down. He hasn't dropped yet though. Hopefully when I go back in a couple of days there will have been some progress. Here are a couple of pictures of me at 37 weeks.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love that you had a great birthday! I love PF Changs too! And the necklace is beautiful...freckles & all! Don't worry about freaking out...everyone does it...it is always different for everyone! You will be an amazing mom! I can't wait to meet him! I hope I get to see you again before he comes...but I will for sure see you not long after!!!

Mandy said...

You look amazing! I love your pregnancy pictures! :) I'm glad you had a great birthday - good on Preston for making sure you were able to go out and spend time together before the little guy arrives. :)

I love the picture of your necklace and your freckles. Freckles are surprisingly another of my favorite things. :)

We all get scared, so you are normal. And being with them and being fine and normal later on - that's normal too. :)

Best of luck!