Monday, September 28, 2009

Yet Another Trip

So Preston and I have known each other for just over 2 years now and the other day we counted that we have been on 18 trips since we have first met. 18 trips in 24 months. And most of those are during the summer months. No wonder I feel like I'm never home and we never have enough weekends to get stuff done!!! I love it though. Every once in a while I get a little stir- crazy here in Provo so I enjoy being able to get out as often as we do.

Our latest adventure was with Lauren and Aspen (Preston's sisters) to go visit Saren, his other sister, down in New Mexico. Our nephew, Aceson, was turning one and they were having a big birthday party for him so we decided to go. Here is a run down of the trip.

For those of you who have never been to New Mexico, you're not missing much. It's pretty much mostly just dirt. Everything is brown and covered with dirt. Half of the streets aren't even paved. Just dirt. Most people don't have lawns. Just dirt. Wow, my feet look tan...no, wait...just dirt. I took this picture to try to show people the boringness of New Mexico but I it doesn't make it look as bad as I was hoping. Don't be decieved. The only reason you see trees is because we were close to a river.

This is all of us on our road trip.

Here is Aceson knowing just the right way to eat cake. :)

Here is the birthday boy opening his presents with his mom.

This is both sets of Preston's grandparents, Saren, Eddie & Aceson, Lauren and Aspen, and of course Preston and I.

Here is Aceson enjoying his birthday presents. He is seriously such a cute kid!

This was tank trying to climb into the truck through the back window. He kind of looks like he is about to eat Aspen.

Well, that's about the end of that. The other news I wanted to share is that I switched companies and I don't have to commute to Salt Lake for work anymore. Hallelujah!!!!!!! I can't tell you how much happier my life is when I work only ten minutes from home. The best part is, I get to see a little bit more of my husband now! Yay for that...I've missed him!

1 comment:

Brad and Hailey said...

Hey congrats on your new job! No commute is a total blessing. Looks like yet another fun trip for you guys :)