Friday, April 10, 2009

And The Winner Is......

ME!!! Yeah, so this company did a NCAA bracket tournament and offered prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. There were about 500 people in the competition so we didn't think we stood much of a chance but we joined anyway. Turns out I came in 3rd out of 500 people. Preston (Mr. Basketball himself) came in....well, I don't want to embarrass him so I won't say a number, but let's just say i beat him by a lot! =) So pretty much I rock! And I won $50 for it, which we get to spend where ever I want. Cheesecake Factory, here we come!!! Mmmmm.

So last weekend we had the opportunity to attend a General Conference for our church. I feel like I am surrounded by gloom and worry and stress and negativity every day because of the economy and mass killings and everything else that goes on in the world today. There was a big Newsweek article about the decline of Christianity in our country, which broke my heart. I can't even tell you how comforting it is to have the gospel of Jesus Christ as the foundation of my life. It is such a source of peace and strength and it is especially uplifting to be able to listen to the leaders of our church and be gathered together with so many people who share my beliefs. I always leave with such a feeling of hope. Hope that there are still good things and people in the world, hope that if I live my life the best I can I will be blessed, hope that I can be with my husband and family for eternity, and most importantly, hope-no, absolute knowledge-that there is a God who knows each of us individually and loves us so much more than we can possibly understand. I just wish that everyone I knew could know that for themselves because I know it would change their life.


The best part about conference was being there with my husband and best friend. It doesn't get much better than that.

I love the conference center...it is such a beautiful building. P.S. Bekah, I still think about you every time I go there. =)

Other than that, not much excitement around here. If it ever stops raining and snowing (so much for spring time) we will rototill our yard and plant a garden which I am really excited about. Oh, and we reserved our rental car for our Europe trip. Only 26 days til we leave!!!

6 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

we love conference too!

Brittney said...

Of course you won the NCAA brackets! Who else? You're hilarious Amber! Miss you!

bekahjr said...

I think of you too! What session did you get to go to this time? I'm jealous

Kyle and Serene Hardy said...

So, this is funny. When I saw the title for you post "and the winner is", I thought that you were pregnant. Then I second guessed and said to myself that it was most likely in regards to March Madness. Ha! I was right! See how well I know you Amber:) You always knew your basketball.

Amy said...

Congrats on Your Big Win!!! And Conference Was WONDERFUL! I wish Every Week Was Conference! I would Love To See You Before You leave The Country!

Maggie said...

I am laughing at the brackets. Brings back some good memories ( what IS line line line?) I wish I competed against you...I soooooooo would have kicked your bum with my great intuition! Oh well. I am excited for your trip. I hope you have a great time.